[PlanetCCRMA] OpenMusic...?

François Déchelle Francois.Dechelle@ircam.fr
Mon Jan 27 12:09:01 2003

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>I would like to ask if anybody has experience using OMLinux? After a few
>>tries I finally managed to compile it under RedHat 8.0 using the
>>recommended version of cmucl (2.4.22). It works somehow but 1. there
>>were a lot of errors (exactly 82) during compilation, and 2. it runs
>>somewhat buggy. Now I suppose there may be a connection between the two
>>facts.(or is this just the way it should work?...) I wonder if any of
>>you have compiled it successfully because I couldn't find any resources
>>in the internet.
>>

> I only tried to build it with the newer cmucl and failed. Actually I got
> it to compile, but could never get it to run without crashing.
>

>>PS: Any clue when will OM be included into PlanetCCRMA.?.........
>>

> As soon as it is available and compiles for Linux... it is in my list of
> things to add. I don't know if there is a test version already from
> IRCAM (Francois? Any news? :-)
>
> -- Fernando

Hi,

Here is the current status of OpenMusic.

There is already a porting to Linux that is based on OpenMusic version 3
(current version is version 4) and that is available there:
http://escher.puj.edu.co/openmusic/

The developers who did this porting have been invited at IRCAM in order
to complete the porting and integrate their work in version 4. This will
happen later this year (visa take some time).

Meanwhile, I have created the project on sourceforge.net
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ircam-openmusic/) but have not entered
any code yet.

I have little idea about the amount of work that is necessary 1) to
integrate the Linux porting in version 4 and 2) to complete and debug
the Linux version.

I'll announce when the sourceforge project is ready so that we can start
working together.

Thanks for your patience :-)

François