[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Panic 2

Mon Jan 27 15:18:21 2003

> do you know how to patch a kernel?

Yes, it is not something you want to do at this point, not easy...

> i'm looking for a file i have to patch in alsa package, i have the patch but
> i don't know how to use it.

Are you referring to the url you sent in your previous email? That is a
request from alsa to Linus to include some patches in the 2.5.xx kernel
and those are probably already included in the ALSA rpms that are part
of the Planet CCRMA repository.

What is the pci id of your nforce2 audio card?
Do a "/sbin/lspci -v -v" and extract the lines that correspond to the
multimedia controllers. I could check if that id is different from the
ones included in the current ALSA CVS.

You can also send me the patch to check if it is part of current ALSA
CVS.

-- Fernando