[PlanetCCRMA] no network in new kernel

Wed Jan 29 10:05:02 2003

> However, my machine cant contact any network while being booted
> into 2.4.19 (works fine with 2.4.18).  Ive downloaded the source
> for the driver from
> http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/nforce/1.0-0248/NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.tar.gz,
> and tried recompiling and installing my nvnet.o for 2.4.19 (while
> being booted in 2.4.19), but im doing something wrong - still no
> net.

What kind of error, if any, do you get when you modprobe the module? Or
you get errors while compiling? What distribution are you using? It
could be a compiler compatibility problem as the kernels I'm using are
compiled with gcc2.96 (under 7.2) and modules should be compiled using
the same compiler...

Have you installed the kernel source rpm (apt-get install
kernel-source#2.4.19-1.ll)?

-- Fernando