[PlanetCCRMA] pygtk2 apt update

Fri Jan 31 16:47:01 2003

> > 	The CCRMA repository have the pygtk2, pygtk2-devel, pygtk2-libglade
> > version 1.99.14-1 for RH 8.0 (the original version is 1.99.12-7).
> > Updating to this new versions have made the redhat-config-...
> > applications not work anymore for me. "Downgrading" this packages makes
> > everything works fine.
>
> No, they are not "official" RedHat updates.
> [explanation deleted]
>
> I'll pull the newer pygtk2 packages from the repository right away, it
> may make mammut uninstallable for now (on RedHat 8.0, all other versions
> should not be affected).

Done. If you are running RedHat 8.0 and have upgraded pygtk2 to the
latest and _not_ so greatest ("rpm -q pygtk2" says it is version
1.99.14-1) then you should downgrade. To do that:

- erase the upgraded packages with:
  rpm -e --nodeps pygtk2 pygtk2-devel pygtk2-libglade
- reinstall the original redhat packages:
  apt-get update
  apt-get install pygtk-2 pygtk2-devel pygtk2-libglade

This will break mammut under redhat 8.0, of course (it will segfault).
Again, sorry for the inconvenience (and thanks, Lucio).
-- Fernando