[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA technical difficulties?

BartonBosch@aol.com BartonBosch@aol.com
Wed Jul 2 17:54:01 2003

--part1_d.1445de27.2c34d879_boundary

I have been trying to manually install some of the CCRMA RPMs without a lot
of success.

First, a key file (the libsndfile RPM) has been giving 404 - not found errors
on both the main site and the mirror, for all of the various versions as well
as the source RPM.  I tried to work around by installing libsndfile from the
source code provided by its author, but I ran into some failed dependencies.
My best guess is that there are some configuration options that need to be
thrown in order for libsndfile to be compatible with the CCRMA rpms.  The failed
dependencies were <libasound.so.2> and <libsndfile.so.1>. MusE, Jack and
Fluidsynth all depend upon them, and they were not present on my system after
installing from the author's source.

More recently, I am unable to download *anything* from the planet site.  I
click on the link, the loading bar begins as if it were going to pop-up the
download dialog box, and nothing pops up.  There is an offchance that my pop-up
blocker software is malfunctioning, tho I do have it set to allow pop-ups from
the CCRMA site, it is not registering any blocked pop-ups and I am able to
download from other sites.

Would someone please confirm whether the site is malfunctioning or it is
something on my end?

Finally, these problems are all occuring while the site maintainer is on
vacation.  Is there anyone at the wheel while Mr. Lopez-Lezcano is away?  Does
anyone have any info on the libsndfile situation?

Thanks

Barton

--part1_d.1445de27.2c34d879_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have been trying to manually install some of the CCR=
MA RPMs without a lot of success.<BR>
<BR>
First, a key file (the libsndfile RPM) has been giving 404 - not found error=
s on both the main site and the mirror, for all of the various versions as w=
ell as the source RPM.&nbsp; I tried to work around by installing libsndfile=
 from the source code provided by its author, but I ran into some failed dep=
endencies.&nbsp; My best guess is that there are some configuration options=20=
that need to be thrown in order for libsndfile to be compatible with the CCR=
MA rpms.&nbsp; The failed dependencies were &lt;libasound.so.2&gt; and &lt;l=
ibsndfile.so.1&gt;. MusE, Jack and Fluidsynth all depend upon them, and they=
 were not present on my system after installing from the author's source.<BR=

<BR>
More recently, I am unable to download *anything* from the planet site.&nbsp=
; I click on the link, the loading bar begins as if it were going to pop-up=20=
the download dialog box, and nothing pops up.&nbsp; There is an offchance th=
at my pop-up blocker software is malfunctioning, tho I do have it set to all=
ow pop-ups from the CCRMA site, it is not registering any blocked pop-ups an=
d I am able to download from other sites.<BR>
<BR>
Would someone please confirm whether the site is malfunctioning or it is som=
ething on my end?<BR>
<BR>
Finally, these problems are all occuring while the site maintainer is on vac=
ation.&nbsp; Is there anyone at the wheel while Mr. Lopez-Lezcano is away?&n=
bsp; Does anyone have any info on the libsndfile situation?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>
Barton</FONT></HTML>