[PlanetCCRMA] how to become a mirror

Thu Jul 24 12:34:01 2003

> actually i have wget installed, i just want to mirror packages, not the
> website, using ftp, or rsync so i will get exact copy of directory
> structure. if i mirror using http, it is possible to d/l also images,
> other links and more importantly i cannot mirror selected tree (e.g only
> d/l 8.0 and 9, but discard 7.x subdirectory).
>
> btw, i always mirror using wget (passive ftp mode), thanks

The packages and the web site go hand in hand, it would not be useful
for users to have access to the packages and not to the instructions on
how to install and use them.

I'll work soon on a way to do partial mirrors (ie: having a mirror of
only the RedHat 9 installation). It is not trivial, that is, just
dropping the 7.x package tree will not do. I have not checked lately but
it may still contain packages that are common to all distro versions! I
also have to create (automatically, somehow) web pages that are
distribution specific so that all links work correctly.

-- Fernando