[PlanetCCRMA] Audacity Seg Faults Redhat 9 & rezound gets zombified

Sun Jul 27 16:14:01 2003

> > Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Audacity Seg Faults Redhat 9
>
> I've had no problems running audacity on rh 9 (standard ccrma stuff
> installed).  BUT... has anyone had trouble with rezound getting shut
> down by jack?
>
> It's very reproducable, start jackd, start rezound, grab an open
> terminal and drag it around the desktop in circles... then comes;
>
> [root@ruined root]# rezound
> 'vox' executable not found in $PATH -- vox format support will be
> disabled
> using path '/usr/share/rezound' for share data directory
> zombified - calling shutdown handler

Sounds like a problem in rezound. I did have a problem with rezound
getting kicked out when finishing a recording. Looks like it is not so
easy to create well behaved jack clients. A newer version of rezound is
coming to the planet very soon as well as a newer jack (plus 15+ more
updates and new packages :-)

> Seems like somehow my system has become generally less responsive and
> stable (regarding jackd anyway).  I've heard on the jack list that
> --enable-optimize when compiling jack produces great results (of course
> that doesn't do we planet folk much good).

Hmmm, I think the optimization refers to compiling ardour, not jack.
-- Fernando