[PlanetCCRMA] libstdc++.so.5 on RH7.3?

Tue Jul 29 09:18:01 2003

> I've run into this twice now, and am contemplating the fixes.
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

Which program is triggering the error?

> I think it's the GCC 3.2 library, and it's not on my RH7.3 system.  Are
> there packages in the PlanetCCRMA that'll give me this functionality, or
> should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to RH9?

The gcc library is part of the original redhat install and it is there
on 7.3, except that it is a different (older) version than the one your
program wants (.so.4).

That probably means you are trying to run a binary program that was
compiled under a newer release of redhat. You have to rebuild it under
7.3 or find a version that was compiled in 7.3.

-- Fernando