[PlanetCCRMA] 7.2 no longer supported, many additions and updates

Wed Jul 30 12:20:02 2003

Hi All! Some news... support for RedHat 7.2 has been "officially"
dropped. The repository for 7.2 will stay put for a little while but it
will eventually go away as disk space is at a premium. I'm no longer
building binary packages for 7.2.

The web pages have not yet been updated properly so there are still tons
of references to 7.2. Those will gradually go away (I've been also busy
on trying to get an alternative translator to latex2html that also
supports conditionals - so far hevea seems promising).

I have added three new packages to the repositories:

* added qamix version 0.0.4-1, a Qt based programmable mixer application
  for ALSA.
* added qarecord version 0.0.9-1, a simple Qt based ALSA and Jack
  recorder.
* added csound version 4.24-1. Not much testing done on this one as I'm
  not a csound user. Feedback welcome. This is based on John ffitch's
  version and source rpm, the installation directories were changed to
  better match RedHat's usage.

And a storm of updates...

* updated jack to version 0.74.1-1. Includes Paul's patch that enables
  running qjackctl.
* updated Alsa Modular Synth (ams) to version 1.5.10-1.
* updated amSynth to version 1.0rc4-1.
* updated ecamegapedal to version 0.4.2-1.
* updated fluidsynth to version 1.0.2-1.
* updated freqtweak to version 0.5.1-1.
* updated gamix to version 1.99.p14-1.
* updated Jack Rack to version 1.4.2-1.
* updated Muse to version 0.6.1-1.
* updated Noteedit to version 2.2.3-1.
* updated Lilypond to version 1.6.11-1 on RedHat 8.0 and 9 (1.6.11 fails
  to build on 7.3).
* updated Rezound to version 0.8.3beta-1.
* updated Swami to version 0.9.1a-2 (compatibility update to match the
  new fluidsynth package).
* updated Vkeybd to version 0.1.13a-1.
* updated ZynAddSubFX to version 1.4.2-1.

Lots of packages, more to come!
Enjoy!!
-- Fernando