[PlanetCCRMA] kernel recompiling of ccrma

I. Read multiphonic@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 15:43:01 2003

I would like to recompile my kernel as detailed on
this [ http://www.winischhofer.net/sisdri.shtml ] page
to improve my graphics performance...

quote

"The following information only applies to machines
with a SiS 300 series chipset.

ALL: Basically: If you have problems with DRI, try
compiling the kernel without "Generic SiS" AGP
support. The current (2.4.18) agpgart is said to not
support the SiS5591/5592 AGP bridge correctly. This
may lead into problems with some DRI applications."

Does anyone know perchance if 2.4.21 have the same
problems? I just wanted to solicit comments and
suggestions regarding this. I have recompiled one
kernel prior to this, but I wasn't as concerned about
keeping particular functionalities like those present
in CCRMA.

thanks

-e