[PlanetCCRMA] living on the (planet)edge...

jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org
Mon Jun 2 18:21:02 2003

I think I'll live here on the edge for a while...

> I'm going to be putting more stuff I want to test there shortly,
> including a newer alsa (the just released 0.9.4), a newer jack and
> another kernel (based on 2.4.21-rc6).

Will the newer alsa only be for the 2.4.21 kernel, or can we have them for
the 4.20-caps kernel too? If not, can you provide .src.rpms?

> The jack-audio-connection-kit
> package sets up a tmpfs mount in /etc/fstab so it updates fstab,
> potentially dangerous... (but the end result is the magical
> dissapearance, at least in my laptop, of xruns - I can run it down to
> 64x3 with no problems!).

I would gladly spend hours driving back and forth to work, making a rescue
cd, and rebuilding my fstab by hand with nothing but ash and cat, if it
means I can get my hdsp multiface working and jack kicking ass with it.

(jfm3)