[PlanetCCRMA] midisport 2x2 only opening 1 port ??

Jim Ruxton cinetron@passport.ca
Mon Jun 9 11:03:01 2003

Thanks for this Fernando. I'm getting closer.. As suggested I did a:

"modprobe snd-virmidi snd_index=2"

now with the midisport 2x2 connected if I do :

"aconnect -lo "

I get :

client 72: 'External MIDI 1' [type=kernel]
    0 'Midisport 2x2 Port 0'
    1 'Midisport 2x2 Port 1'
client 80: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-0' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-0     '
client 81: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-1' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-1     '
client 82: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-2' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-2     '
client 83: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-3' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-3     '

Then I connect the second midisport port to the first vitual port:

"aconnect 80:0 72:1"

Then I start pd with:

"pd -mididev 2,3 "  with no complaints

I can send data out the first and second port ie. channel 1 and 17 but
only get data into the first port. I test this by connecting midi port A
out to midi port A in and midi port B out to midi port Bin . So I am
very close, it is just the 2nd input port that isn't registering data
even though I am getting lights flashing on this port. Any thoughts?

Jim