[PlanetCCRMA] uninstall lilypond

Fri Jun 13 10:05:01 2003

> I tried upgrading to the newest Planet CCRMA lilypond rpm. An error
> happened (can't remember what).
> Since then I can only install two parrell versions.
> I removed the newer one and then tried rpm -e but it gave me errors.
> I manually removed the lilypond directory and now I need to know how to
> remove the entry from the rpm database and apt-get so I can install the
> newer version.

The details on what to do are in the Planet CCRMA ChangeLog, I'm copying
it here just in case (I posted this when I announced the update).

-- Fernando

IMPORTANT LILYPOND UPDATE NOTE: the older Lilypond packages (version 0.6.6)
have a bug (a typo I made a long time ago) in one of the uninstall scripts
inside the rpm. So the upgrade process (either using apt or rpm) will fail
unless you follow the following instructions (this is for RedHat 8.0 and 9,
there is no upgrade yet for lilypond under 7.2 or 7.3):

    * sync with the repository (as usual):

      apt-get update

    * manually remove the old lilypond packages (the nodeps is there to
 avoid complains if you have the planetccrma-audioapps or
 planetccrma-audiovideoapps packages installed, the noscripts avoids the
 problem with the bug in the postun script, allmatches removes all
 instances of the lilypond package, in case you already did the update
 and it failed):

      rpm -e --nodeps --noscripts -allmatches lilypond
lilypond-documentation

    * install the new version of lilypond:

      apt-get install lilypond lilypond-documentation