[PlanetCCRMA] Apt-Get stalls

Steven Yi kunstmusik@hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:15:02 2003

Wow, I got it working now, but it was sort of a painful process.  What it
was was that somehow in the rpm db there were duplicates (two different
versions of) a number of packages, all of which I think were installed from
Red Hat Update Network.  I.e. there were two glibc's, two kdelib's, etc.  So
I had to do:

rpm -qa | sort > out.txt

look at the out.txt file and look for duplicates and "rpm -e" them.  After
killing all of the duplicates, apt-get now works fine.

Now I'm looking forward to getting this apt stuff going.  =)

Thanks,
steven