[PlanetCCRMA] added (finally!): a mammut comes to town

Tue Jun 17 20:00:02 2003

> >Well, to 8.0 and 9 town anyway (it was already there for 7.2/7.3). I
> >finally added a gross hack and another python interpreter to the
> >repository (with built in pygtk support) so that Mammut can be included
> >in 8.0 and 9 without breaking all the redhat python-based configuration
> >tools :-)
>
> still does...
>
> [lucio@hendrix lucio]$ redhat-logviewer

Works for me here (8.0). This time I checked :-)

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/redhat-logviewer/redhat-logviewer.py", line 30, in ?
>     import LogViewerGui
>   File "/usr/share/redhat-logviewer/LogViewerGui.py", line 32, in ?
>     from gtk import *
>   File
> "/usr/src/build/218821-i386/install/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 43, in ?
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> g_sourceset_closure
>
> I removed python-pygtk1 (and mammut) but redhat-... config stuff still
> don't work. Any sugestions?

It looks like the error is related to gtk. What version of RedHat and
what version of gtk2-devel do you have installed?

This is most probably unrelated to the mammut/python update as the
python related packages install in their own separate tree (that is
/usr/lib/python-pygtk1) which is independent from the rest of the redhat
software and should not affect it.

Hmmm, maybe you still have the very very old packages that created the
problem in the first place? (but seems unlikely given the error message
you sent).

This is what I wrote at the end of January regarding this problem:

> If you are running RedHat 8.0 and have upgraded pygtk2 to the
> latest and _not_ so greatest ("rpm -q pygtk2" says it is version
> 1.99.14-1) then you should downgrade. To do that:
>
> - erase the upgraded packages with:
>   rpm -e --nodeps pygtk2 pygtk2-devel pygtk2-libglade
> - reinstall the original redhat packages:
>   apt-get update
>   apt-get install pygtk-2 pygtk2-devel pygtk2-libglade

-- Fernando