[PlanetCCRMA] 2.4.20-4-ll.acpi kernel + acpi probs + firewire probs

Wed Jun 18 15:39:01 2003

> Questions though on the new kernel, which I upgraded to from
> 2.4.19-ll...I can no longer mount firewire drives properly, and I can no
> longer put my p3/1ghz prostar 2253 to sleep (standby) anymore with the
> addition of acpi.
>
> Thus, can someone please help me, or point me in the right direction.
> Maybe I need to install more software to enable proper acpi support. Is
> acpi and firewire support in the new 2.4.20-4-ll kernel complete?

As far as I know it is. Acpi is from the sf acpi site and firewire is
what comes with the regular kernel.

> It looks like all modules are installed properly from an lsmod on my
> system.

If the problem appears to be acpi then you could try turning that off by
including the option "acpi=off" in the kernel boot line in
/boot/grub/grub.conf.

I don't know about the firewire drives, what error do you see?

(there will be a new "official" kernel release probably latter today,
the new kernel has been available for a while in the planetedge
repository).

-- Fernando