[PlanetCCRMA] updated: kernel(s) and alsa (see special note for RedHat 9 users!)

Thu Jun 19 21:35:03 2003

Another good catch from Chris Albert:

He wrote:
> That worked. However:
>
> > package kernel-smp-2.4.20-18.9 (which is newer than
> > kernel-smp-2.4.20-18.1.caps) is already installed
>
> Would it be too much to ask for you to bump the rpm version numbers up
> higher than the curreent (updated) kernel so that we could smoothly upgrade?
> I relaize that I can force it from the apt cache, but I try to avoid --force
> and --nodeps flags if I can.

And I answered:

I think this is the proper solution (I figured this out a week or so ago
but forgot to post - too much in my head, too few neurons :-)

apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage install planetccrma-core-redhat

This will pass the correct option to rpm and it will install the package
without complaining. I just tested it again and seems to work. I'll
update the docs online asap.

-- Fernando