[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA kernels pcmcia modules

Andre Almeida Andre.Almeida@ircam.fr
Mon Jun 23 19:52:01 2003

Hello

I recently upgraded to RedHat 9, and tried to install the
planetccrma-core packages. Results:

- With kernel 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi the kernel hangs at the "Setting kernel
parameters" stage

- With kernel 2.4.20-18.caps the kernel boots almost normally, but it
doesn't start correctly PCMCIA services (although there is a green OK at
boot time). I use these for my network card (Netgear FA411).

I can start PCMCIA by manually by installing all the necessary modules
(ds.o , yenta_socket.o and pcmcia_core.o) before trying to restar
network then pcmcia and network services again (in /etc/rc.d/init.d).
This is anoying because I also have to shutdown the X server and restart
it (strangely whenever the network is started after X, graphical
applications cannot connect to the display even if I redefine $DISPLAY
and do 'xhost +')

If I try to load the pcmcia module directly I get:

[root@localhost root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart
Shutting down PCMCIA services:.
Starting PCMCIA services: modulesmodprobe: Can't locate module
pcmcia_core.o
modprobe: Can't locate module yenta_socket.o
modprobe: Can't locate module ds.o
 cardmgr.

Otherwise, I had the same problems with the older versions of the
PlanetCCRMA kernel after upgrading to RH9.

I'd like to have some suggestions on the options I should change to
recompile the kernel.

Thanks
André

PS: Configuration:
Toshiba 1800-750 laptop (Pentium III, 1GHz) with redhat linux 9
(upgraded from redhat 8.0)

--
Andre Almeida <almeida@ircam.fr>