[PlanetCCRMA] ISO images & ALSA

Brian Fahrlander kilroy@kamakiriad.com
Tue Jun 24 01:44:01 2003

--=-v/gqy9NqnGQ42EzlKBwz

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 03:21, alez@vodafone.es wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>=20
> I plan to install the new Planet ISOs in a fresh Redhat 9 box very soon=20
> (I've been waiting for them, I'm new to all this).
>=20
> I've just gone to the download pages and read that the "core" CD=20
> contains kernel + ALSA.
>=20
> I wonder why ALSA is included in this ISO when it is already part of=20
> Redhat (at least RH 9, since I've just installed it). Is it because it=20
> has been compiled in the kernel rather than included as loadable=20
> modules? Am I missing something important?

    Yeah...'cause this place kicks ASS on the technical details.  It's
the best kernel AND the best Alsa offering I've seen available, without
having to resort to untarring, recompiling and all that.  Besides- to do
all that, you need to *know* how to do that.

    The last time I looked and figured it up, they're about 4 months
ahead of the FreshRpms group, who are just now getting to a
semi-functional Alsa 0.9.4, but it still has problems.  PlanetCCRMA's
has been installed, loaded, and perfect for about 2 months now. No
worries, mate.

    Jump in and enjoy!

--=20
Brian Fahrl=C3=A4nder          GNU/Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technoma=
ICQ  5119262

--=-v/gqy9NqnGQ42EzlKBwz

--=-v/gqy9NqnGQ42EzlKBwz--