[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA and NVidia

Florin Andrei planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 30 20:58:01 2003

Yeap, i'm running the PlanetCCRMA kernel, the NVidia driver and ALSA.
Cool! :-)

It's funny though, for regular desktop usage, the Red Hat kernel used to
"feel" a little bit faster. Probably because i'm using large
applications and because the Red Hat kernel has a lot of disk I/O
optimizations.
I have no doubt that the CCRMA kernel is better for pure low-latency
stuff.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/