[PlanetCCRMA] Linux FileSystem choice in a Windows XP multiboot machine.

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Mar 2 05:53:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 03:10, lalo wrote:
> I need some suggestions......i'm gonna do a dual boot machine with RedHat
> 8.0 based Planet CCRMA and Windows XP Pro (with Partition Magic 8.0)
> ...i've heard that the ReiserFS is the best filesystem for audio use.....can
> i use it in a dual boot machine??
> ..or is better use ext3 or ext2?
> thanx in advance
> lalo

Lalo,
   Hi. Your Linux file system and your Windows file system will be on
different disk partitions. You can choose whatever you want and Linux
will be fine.

   If you want to move data between your Windows and Linux
installations, you can mount your Windows partitions while in Linux,
copy data to or from them, and then go into Windows and have the data
available.

   Unfortunately, when in Windows, I know of no reliable way to read any
of the most standard Linux formats (ext2, ext3 or reiserfs.) so when in
Windows you will only have access to what's on the Windows drives.

Cheers,
Mark