[PlanetCCRMA] APT get of ALSA SMP files

Mon Mar 17 20:30:03 2003

> in the past i have been able to pull the SMP version
> of the ll alsa-driver but the last few days, i have
> not been able to ( i am rebuilding my machine ) i am
> probably doing something stupid, any suggestions?
> i checked all the ccrma email archives but there are
> many references to the smp version that i could find
> thx  andy
>
> Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
> Kernel 2.4.19-1.llsmp on an i686
> login: agall
> Password:
> Last login: Thu Mar 13 08:56:58
> [agall@as-is agall]$ su
> Password:
> [root@as-is agall]# apt-get install
> alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.llsmp
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Collecting File Provides... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.llsmp

First thing to check would be that /etc/apt/sources.list is indeed
pointing to the smp repository (I assume it is as you have done this in
the past, but it is worth checking).

You could also see what is in the cache of the apt system (after doing
an "apt-get update"):

# apt-cache pkgnames alsa-driver

This should show an entry for the smp driver...
-- Fernando