[PlanetCCRMA] how rpm sucks, let me count the ways

Brian Fahrlander kilroy@kamakiriad.com
Tue Mar 18 11:09:02 2003

On 18 Mar 2003 10:25:03 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> > I'm having the same maddening problem.  Except it's even more absurd.
>
> Very weird...
>
> > [root@ruined root]# rpm -qa | grep quake
> > quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> > quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> > quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> > quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> > quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> >
> > [root@ruined root]# rpm -e quake2-3.20-glibc-6
> > error: package quake2-3.20-glibc-6 is not installed
> >
> > [root@ruined root]# rpm -ev quake2
> > error: "quake2" specifies multiple packages
> >
> > [root@ruined root]# rpm -e quake2 --allmatches (<- reports no errors)
>
> Could you do a "rpm -e -v -v --allmatches quake2" to see what it
> reports? I've searching for something like this on google and have not
> found any solution yet.
>
> I think there is an rpm related mailing list somewhere in the redhat
> site, it might be interesting to know what they think about this...

    I've not messed with Quake in a long time...I might have even lost the data disks.  :(

    But what happens when you try this?

    rpm -ve `rpm -vqa | grep quake`

    (Yep, those are back-tics)

ICQ  5119262
Those who prey upon the ignorant for money are no better than common
thieves.