[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 - test drive kernel

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Fri Mar 21 11:45:02 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 11:33, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >    Unfortunately, Alsa will not work in my case. There are once again no
> > drivers for my hardware. Please do not rush or do anything on my account
> > at this point. I've had to totally remove this new Linux box from the
> > audio path in my studio today.
> >
> >    I'll check back in later, on the order of 1-2 months, and see if
> > things have improved. I'd dearly like to make use of this technology.
> > Alsa and Jack kick butt. My HDSP 9652 _ran_ with 3mS latency wonderfully
> > under Linux. The very same box booted into Win XP, using the very same
> > card, needs at least 12mS and better 24mS latency to play CDs. Guess
> > which I'd rather use?
> >
> > A sad, ex-Alsa user,
>
> I do understand your frustration but don't write it off so fast :-)
>
> Apparently Paul and Thomas are working on a patch for the newer
> revisions of the hdsp. As soon as that is in cvs I'll get new versions
> of alsa online.
>
> -- Fernando

I know you will, and without your help I would have never gotten
anywhere close to this far.

I'll be around. I'm excited about Jack, along with all these soft synths
that are emerging. I personally see all of that as quite exciting and
immediately useful to me when this Alsa/Jack support stuff calms down
and gets more stable.

Thanks much,
Mark