[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI trouble

carlosfigueiredo@ritualnet.pt carlosfigueiredo@ritualnet.pt
Wed Mar 26 02:02:01 2003

Hi Mark,

> ZynAddSubFx also requires that you attach it's outputs to the correct
> audio
> ports. Use qjackconnect to do that an I think you'll get sound. If I
> remember correctly that one has no way of doing it from the command
> line.
> (I've requested this three times so far...)

I'm really very sad that you'd think I didn't know about qjackconnect... :-o

It's not that, I do have sound. Let me tell you what I did last night.

Connect qjackconnect and every synth is playing.
then I cannot read midi from my keyboard and play it, but (timidity worked)
Now if I connect muse I can record midi to a track, and
If I start rosegarden, I am able to play midi in the keyboard and then hear
sound played from the keyboard "live" --> It's strange, or I am stuck in some
idiot mistake (wich is very possible).

Just can't imagine why some apps will read the midi input and others won't,
except from their configuration, wich was working last week, and I didn't
change.
Oh well, I have found a solution for the time, so I'll keep up with my piano
lessons...!!
and go bother the alsa list ;-)