[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI trouble

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed Mar 26 12:24:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 12:13, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> - start rosegarden - you can see it is greedy, it connects to all midi
>   output ports and to input and output on jack!
>   . record some midi into a track
>   . play - nothing happens, can't figure out how to change output midi
>     device and channels for a track :-)

Fernando,
   I'll assume that you are using the 0.85 RPM on the Planet and not
something newer. Anyway, put your mouse of the track name section and
then click and hold down the left mouse button. You should get a list of
either physical interfaces or ports, depending on the version you're
using. Check the one you want to use. You have to hold for a second or
two before the pop-up appears.

   FYI - RG will only record from the interface that is chosen in the
configuration section of the menus. If you have more than one interface
on your machine, then you need to make sure that the appropriate
interface (using your keyboard) is selected.

Cheers,
Mark