[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with alsasound script

Thu Mar 27 10:41:00 2003

> I have come across you script fo allow alsa restart with hotplug and seem to
> have some problems with it on RedHat 8.1 (Phoebe 3). When I try runing it
> from a shell I get the following message:
>
> ./alsasound start
> ./alsasound: line 60: [: !=3D: binary operator expected
> ./alsasound: line 63: [: !=3D: binary operator expected
> ./alsasound: line 72: test: =3D: binary operator expected
> ./alsasound: line 73: test: =3D: binary operator expected
>
> This is what I have, and I didn't change the script:
>
> Lines 60-65:
>
> if [ x$START_ALSA !=3D xno ]; then
>   START_ALSA=3Dyes
> fi
> if [ x$START_ALSA_SEQ !=3D xno ]; then
>   START_ALSA_SEQ=3Dyes
> fi

> # Force execution if not called by a runlevel directory.
> test $link =3D $base && START_ALSA=3Dyes
> test "$START_ALSA" =3D yes || exit 0

Sounds like a browser or server somewhere added (?) those "3D"
characters. I don't see those in the copy of the email I sent. Here are
the correct lines:

if [ x$START_ALSA != xno ]; then
  START_ALSA=yes
fi
if [ x$START_ALSA_SEQ != xno ]; then
  START_ALSA_SEQ=yes
fi

and...

# Force execution if not called by a runlevel directory.
test $link = $base && START_ALSA=yes
test "$START_ALSA" = yes || exit 0

-- Fernando