[PlanetCCRMA] supercollider alternative

Ryan Gallagher ryanpg@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 19:01:02 2003

Howdy all,

Anyone familiar with supercollider will know how amazing it is... and I
expect supercollider server will be amazingly cool for osx (if and when
it ever becomes available) and I'm sure it will be ported to linux...
sometime this century...  Here's my point/question...

Can someone recommend me a REALTIME music (scripting) language similar
to supercollider?  I've looked at the CLM packages, but I've been
unable to discern whether or not CLM can be controlled via midi
keyboard or slider box.  It'd be best if I can pipe things around via
alsa...

thanks for yer time and thought,
-ry

=====