[PlanetCCRMA] creating apt databases from arbitrary rpms

Andrew Burgess aab@cichlid.com
Wed Oct 1 10:33:01 2003

I have a mirror of the redhat 9 rpms from ftp.redhat.com but no cds.
I've read http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/createredhatcdroms.html
which describes how to apt-ify a non-apt redhat install cd. It requires downloading
the apt databases from planet ccrma that match the cd.

My question is: how were those databases created? I've looked in
the apt docs and cannot seem to find an answer. I'd like to just
create a package database for my existing mirror rather than download
a few GB of cds that contain rpms that I already have ;-)

Thank you very much
Andrew