[PlanetCCRMA] kernel report

Wed Oct 1 16:18:01 2003

> so if I could change these irq assignments, I might be in business.  but, like
> the man of yesterday with a similar question, I don't know how to do this.  I
> went into the BIOS (it's a SOYO mother board) and found that the best I could
> do was set irq's to "pci" or "reserved" - they were already set to "pci"  -
> wha?
>
> clearly the kernel is picking irq's - does anyone know how to adjust this?

If the BIOS does not let you choose you should move the card to a
different slot (if you have any left). You may also try booting without
ACPI as the interuupt routings may be different (add "acpi=off" to the
kernel boot line in /boot/grub/grub.conf)

BTW, what is the chipset (or driver) that the ethernet card uses?
-- Fernando