[PlanetCCRMA] Some apps not working correctly under ALSA?

foltra@terra.cl foltra@terra.cl
Fri Oct 3 12:08:01 2003

Hi Fernando

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Zynaddsubfx synth shows audio on the meters, but I can't hear it.
>
> Some Jack applications do not connect their outputs by default. You have
> to use a patcher for Jack and connect the outputs to the "outputs" of
> the soundcard. Use Qjackconnect or the patchbay in Qjackctl (you can use
> Qjackctl to run jack with a nice GUI). If you drive it through MIDI you
> have to also connect the MIDI source to the software synth, you could
> use Kaconnect for that.
I'm having the same problem with Zynaddsubfx. Level show activity but
no audio. I'm sure i connected everything as it's supposed to.
Do you have a suggestion for debugging the problem?
Timidity works for me. Have not tried other softsynths yet.

regards,
Francisco Oltra.