[PlanetCCRMA] my computer is fubar

Andrew Cole andrewscole@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:46:00 2003

<P>So, I'm running RH9 on i686.</P>
<P>I did a ccrma update yesterday and&nbsp;added firestarter- a firewall program.&nbsp; Today I hooked up a printer and a keyboard(music) to it. When I booted up I get an error that my root filesystem has errors and there is 1 bad sector.</P>
<P>Then it says there is 1 duplicate block, shared with one file.</P>
<P>/var/log/gdm/:0.log.1</P>
<P>then it asks me if I want to fix the problem.&nbsp;It takes me though like 10 fixes where something is numbered wrong, like 21 instead of 22&nbsp; or 3 instead of 4 and so on.&nbsp; Finally it prompts me to fix it again and when I typ in yes it scrolls y down the screen and the screen flashes.</P>
<P>I just edited my grub.cfg to only show the lowlatency and&nbsp;most up-to-date&nbsp;kernal's neither work. I figure it will probably just be cleaner to completely reformat, but I'd rather not till the semester ends.</P>
<P>Does anyone have any ideas?&nbsp; Thanks,</P>