[PlanetCCRMA] Some apps not working correctly under ALSA?

Michael mikes@tbc.net
Sat Oct 4 19:20:01 2003

Thanks to all that replied :-)

Installing and running Qjackconnect certainly cleared up a lot of issues
I was experiencing.

As for the MIDI... I guess I didn't explain myself well enough... When I
run Kmidi, It plays
right through my Soundblaster, no problems, but when I try to use
Rosegarden, it doesn't.

However....

I was able to "patch" in Fluidsynth and hear the midi Rosegarden was
playing. I can see that
Rosegarden is using the midi port, but how can I tell it to use the
Soundblaster's soft synth?

Also, is there an ALSA patch for use with Xmms?

Cheers,
-Mike