[PlanetCCRMA] new laptop... new kernel... new distro...

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 20:23:01 2003

Well it's been a long road but things seem to be churning along.

Today I attempted to set up my audio devices.  The built in intel audio
chip worked like a charm right out of the box.  Also using the
sourceforge midisport project (should check it out Fernando, good to
include in the planet) my oxygen8 works like a champ.

The emagic emi 2|6 is another story.  I managed to get my modules.conf
set up for two snd-usb-audio devices but... though the emagic makes
sound it exhibits a strange behavior where it kind of "motor-boats",
there's this persistent and measured clicking mixed in with the audio
signal.  I've only used in under jackd so I'm not sure if it's jack or
alsa (that'll be tomorrow).  And I've also only listened through the
headphone out so I've got a lot of investigating to do.

I know the emagic worked great on my pIII 550 desktop.  I think I can
get things rolling with the lappy (my only fear is that apci and usb
interrupts are at the heart of things and since the dell has a VERY
limited bios... oh well best not to dwell on these things).

I'll be building packages for severn and rebuilding the kernel soon...
you all will know how that's going from my frequent posts/pleas for
help.

Well, I'm off to nurse my poor sick sweetheart.

night all,
-ry

=====
--r--