[PlanetCCRMA] Echo Mia - Alsa Drivers

Thu Oct 9 13:08:01 2003

> after figuring out that nothing is really inside planetccrma-core rpm file, i
> removed it. so for now, my dependency problem is gone.  "apt-get check" shows
> everything is good.  i've installed alsaplayer, amsynth using apt-get...all
> seems well.
>
> the only thing now..."apt-get upgrade" wants to overwrite my custom
> alsa-driver/alsa-kernel(the one that i need for my echo mia card)

You need to change the "release" of the package to be bigger than the
one that Planet CCRMA offers (yours is 0.9.6-2.cvs, Planet CCRMA's is
0.9.6-2.cvs.rh90, which rpm thinks is "newer" than yours). Just change
the release to be "3.cvs" and you should be good.

> "apt-get dist-upgrade" does something even wierder, it wants to overwrite with
> older? versions:   "alsa-kernel-2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90
> kernel#2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90"

Yup, it tries harder (I guess) to satisfy dependencies. It does not
overwrite your alsa-kernel but it just wants to make things work so it
tries to install a matching alsa-kernel _and_ the kernel it needs (the
redhat kernel with capabilities enabled).

-- Fernando