[PlanetCCRMA] a curious question about kernels and irqs...

Aaron Trumm aaron@nquit.com
Fri Oct 10 14:20:02 2003

I just ran across this again - I have a question about this stuff, because
I've moved this card around, and also I THINK I may have assigned it an irq
in the bios (the bios documentation is typically unclear) -

is it possible for the kernel to override the bios/hardware irq settings and
do what it wants?