[PlanetCCRMA] primetime?

Janina Sajka janina@rednote.net
Mon Oct 13 08:01:02 2003

Speaking of taking pro audio work on Linux prime time, I have two
questions that I'd love to hear about from others on this list:

1.)	Is there a quality application for changing pitch of an entire
file, or just a segment, without the resampling rate hack. In other
words, is there a way to get a result about as good as the original but
in a different key?

2.)	What's the status of time scale modification on Linux? Do we
have a good mechanism to slow something down (or speed it up)
significantly without changing the pitch? Yet again, of course, the
ideal would be to have no noticable degradation of quality.

As one who is pretty much restricted to console applications, I'm
particularly interested if folks are doing this console mode. But,
knowing that some GUI application does this would be helpful, too.