[PlanetCCRMA] searching libsndfile.so.1.0/libsamplerate.so.0.0

Mon Oct 13 10:02:01 2003

> i've downloaded the ardour rpm v9.0, but when I wan't to install it
> I get an error, that the files libsndfile.so.1.0/libsamplerate.so.0.0 are
> required.
> But libnsdfile1.0.4 and libsamplerate0.0.13 are already installed.
> I'm using Mandrake 9.0....

Planet CCRMA is built on RedHat so dependency problems are to be
expected if you install on something else.

> any hints?

Go to the Thac's RPMs for Mandrake9.1 site, most probably their packages
will be a better fit for your install:

  http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.1.html

You could also rebuild the Planet CCRMA .src.rpm in your machine, most
probably the resulting binary will pick up the proper (Mandrake's)
dependencies.

-- Fernando