[PlanetCCRMA] wirelees anyone?

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 15 07:08:00 2003

Hi Oded,

I am using a prism2 based card with planet kernels.

BTW, On  kernel 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 as well as 2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90 I am
able to use the Orinoco module (either pcmcia or pci) and the system
sees it as an ethXX device (I used to recompile kernel sources in order
to get the wlan drivers to work :-).

You just need to configure your network settings and add a wireless
device. Most cards now are prism2 based although I am not so sure but
you might start this way. Make sure you know your card's mac address and
in most cases you will want to use DHCP.

  --* Juan