[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP again and again

derek holzer derek@x-i.net
Sat Oct 18 08:45:01 2003

okay,

still no hdsp, and i tried the following:

1)hdsp loader : no Hammerfall DSP card found
2)boot with both apci=off and pci=noaspci : no change
3)since it is a cardbus/pcmcia card, changing from one slot to the other
doesn't help, in fact i have never had it recognized in the top pcmcia slot
4)my bios does not permit reassigning IRQs, nor does it permit disabling PnP
5)i had a similar problem using redhat 7.3 last year, which is why i
switched to debian to get it running. however, debian's not-too-reliable
audio packages got me to switch to CCRMA... i suspect it has something
to do with the way that redhat assigns IRQs maybe. but if CCRMA is more
vanilla kernel than redhat, that shouldn't affect it, right?
6)also disabled all kinds of unused ports in my BIOS, with no real effect.

i am totally perplexed...
other suggestions?
d.