[PlanetCCRMA] mkswap question

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 10:17:02 2003

Hi,
   My Planet box boots 5 operating systems at the moment. To shoehorn in
#5 I had to remove my existing swap partition and rearrange a few
things. I then let System Commander 7 create a new swap partition. The
new partition has a new disk device number, so I updated fstab and tried
rebooting, but the swap partition is not found. dmesg gives a message
about

Unable to find swap space signature

   fdisk says that /dev/hda5 is Linux swap, so SC7 seems to have at
least created something.

   Googling around a bit I found some info that suggests that I have to
run mkswap. Is this true?

   If so, can someone tell me if there are any special options I should
give the command? Page size? Etc...

   If I'm totally off base with this line of thought, please let me know
how to proceed.

Thanks,
Mark