[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-kernel on a VIA C3 Centaur (really EZRA)

Aaron Heller heller@ai.sri.com
Wed Oct 29 00:18:03 2003

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>>I found a way to convince the alsa driver configure script to select the
>>>right architecture and smp'ness (I checked and there are no more cmove*
>>>instructions in the resulting kernel modules). I'm building cvs 0.9.8
>>>packages now and will put them shortly in the planetedge repository for
>>>now (pending an "official" upgrade).
>>>

>>Way cool.   Thanks!!
>>

>See the announcement in the next post, let me know if they work for you.

Yes it does!  Thanks.

>You also mentioned the swh plugins as having the same problem. Do you
>remember which ones?

Several of the files in /usr/lib/ladspa have CMOVs.  I'll scan the rest
of the system looking for them and let you know if I find any more.

And to correct an earlier mistake I made, it is a C3 "Ezra" core
processor.  Centaur is the vendor id.  For reference here is /proc/cpuinfo

[root@blumlein ladspa]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : VIA Ezra
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 932.908
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips        : 1843.20

Thanks for the alsa upgrade.  Now I can go over to alsa-dev and take up
the noise problem with the delta1010 at high sample rates.

Aaron Heller <heller@ai.sri.com>