[PlanetCCRMA] updated: planetedge alsa packages for redhat 9

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 09:06:00 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 08:40, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> Do these include Thomas's HDSP patch that you helped me apply to the 0.9.6
> drivers?

Aaron,
   Takashi-san recently asked for anyone to forward to him personally
the HDSP 9652 updates so that he could apply them to Alsa-CVS. I did not
see anyone do it in the reflector.

   If you have everything together and handy, you might forward that on
to him and maybe we can get this updated. This needs to include the HDSP
9652 patches AND the hdspmixer, rev. 1.3, plus anything else you and
Fernando would think appropriate.

   I wrote Thomas a few days ago, but have not heard back. He moved from
France to Berlin and was accessing the Internet from a cafe, so he had
little ability to get all this stuff finished.

   I'm in the same boat as you, except worse as the HDSP 9652 box runs
Gentoo and I don't have a kind soul like Fernando applying patches to
Gentoo ebuilds. I'd really LOVE to see this stuff get committed. It was
two months ago when Thomas posted the patch!

Cheers,
Mark