[PlanetCCRMA] gtkmm update

Barton Bosch barton_bosch@eudoramail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:34:02 2003

I am looking into building a GUI for a couple of simple applications and I'd like to try gtkmm v2.2.8 (the latest stable).  My linux box does not have web access so I can't use apt to find out, but it appears from the CCRMA site that gtkmm v1.2.x is the latest version that has a CCRMA RPM.  Is that correct?

If this is the case, would it be possible to have both gtkmm v1.2.x and 2.2.8 installed simultaneously?  If not, would uninstalling 1.2.x and manually installing 2.2.8 from source cause any CCRMA packages to break?  How would I minimize or avoid apt/synaptic/dependency problems?

TIA,

Barton

P.S. Sorry if this message gets posted to the list multiple times, but my webmail service has become quite flaky all of the sudden.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com