[PlanetCCRMA] Planet Well done!

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 3 09:35:02 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 05:33:03 +0100, Chris Camacho wrote:
> been using planet ccrma for a few days now...
>
> I'd just like to thank all the contributors for such good job.
>
> I installed on top of fedora core 1, and I'm pleasantly suprised
> at how painless it all was...
>
> To see unrelated apps like xmms and jack rack working together so
> well was a real treat, mp3's :O like you never heard b4!!
> Qsynth is a nice sound even with a small 8mb bank
> and as for amsynth well the list goes on.
>
> Does anyone know of any app or framework which will allow me to save
> collections of synths, effects and their setting as one project.
> Will I really remember in 6 months time just how I configured half
> a dozen different apps for a particular song...

There is a framework called LASH (aka LADCCA) which does this, but it is
not widely supported yet. jack-rack supports it and a couple of other
apps, but not enough really.

> Has anyone come up with a way of solving this problem, or am I just
> missing that 1 app in the sea of hundreds in planet ccrma.

You can make apps start easily by writing a shell script to start the apps
and linking then with jack_connect - search the LAU archives - there was a
discussion with examples earlier this year.

- Steve