[PlanetCCRMA] Broken Package: planetccrma-audioapps

Sat Apr 3 18:30:03 2004

> However, I just got to the good part
> (_http://planetccrma.atrpms.net/software/installapps.html_) and have run
> into a snag.  When I run:  apt-get install planetccrma-audioapps I
> receive the following errors:
>
> [_root@pc-6_ <mailto:root@pc-6> etc]# apt-get install planetccrma-audioapps
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-audioapps: Depends: ceres but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: ceres3 but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: clm-cmucl but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: cm-clm-cmucl but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: cmn-cmucl but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: gem but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: lilypond but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: mammut but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: meterbridge but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: noteedit but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: snd-motif but it is not going to be
> installed
>                          Depends: tse3 but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
>

> Any idea on how to go about resolving this  I'm at a loss?  I'm
> performing the Fedora CD based install utilizing the ISO's from the
> CCRMA website

Are you installing from scratch? Or this is on top on an already
existing install?

Could you try installing just one of the packages to see it if says more
about the conflicts it is finding? For example:
   apt-get install snd-motif

Or use the apt-cache command to get more details:
   apt-cache policy snd-motif

Are you using the Planet CCRMA apt enabled Fedora Core iso images? (I
mean for Fedora Core itself, not the images for the Planet CCRMA and
Planet Core components). If not, it could be that those packages need
something else that is not installed and it cannot be "found" because
the original Fedora install cdroms are not apt enabled.

I'd say you are missing at least motif and SDL (and they are not
reachable through apt), probably other packages as well.

-- Fernando