[PlanetCCRMA] Error Installing The 'Core' CD Image under FedoraCore-1

Thu Apr 8 11:10:03 2004

> Thnaks for your input it worked without problems. The fact is that I just
> downloaded the first Image CD trying to install and fine-tune all the
> "core" parts (kernel, alsa, etc) and then install the aplications. Maybe
> I just must play more and organize less! ;)
>
> But in the process of exploring the applications there were troubles
> installing two packages:
>
> 1- SWAMI
>    =====
>
> "
> [root@localhost kasti]# apt-get install swami libswami libswami-devel
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   swami: Obsoletes: libswami (< 0.9.2) but 0.9.1a-3.rhfc1.ccrma is to be
>   installed
>          Obsoletes: libswami-devel (< 0.9.2) but 0.9.1a-3.rhfc1.ccrma is
>          to be installed
> E: Broken packages

Oops, that is an error in the apt incantation in the description of the
package (swami used to have a separate library <libswami> but now
everything is in one package). Just do "apt-get install swami".

> 2- OPENMUSIC
>    =========
>
> "
> [root@localhost kasti]# apt-get install omlinux
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package omlinux
> "

Open Music for Linux was added after the last cdrom image was created so
it is not in the cdrom yet...

> Again I must say ĦĦĦThank you!!! for this great effort.

You are welcome!
-- Fernando