[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Stuttering via HDSP, Cardbus, Multiface?

derek holzer derek@x-i.net
Sat Apr 10 06:06:01 2004

Jonathan,

Jonathan Segel wrote:
> my cardbus is on irq 10 with the 1394 controller (which i am not using)
> but i have acpi enabled on 9 (where the intel82801 audio is). i guess
> acpi is just getting in the way? i thought it would be kind of necessary
> on the laptop to keep things cool and all.. should i bag it?

try booting with pci=noacpi or even acpi=off as a boot argument in Grub
or Lilo and see if you get a different PCI arrangement and/or a better
sound. would help if you posted output of "cat /proc/interrupts" and
maybe even "lspci -v". also, what type of cardbus controller do you
have? [lspci should say the chipset...]

i never got my cardbus HDSP working with ACPI, so I don't use it on my
laptop. maybe you have Tim and Ico's problem, but it could be something
else.

at worst, i have a theory that Mandrake or RedHat + certain laptops can
*never* get a cardbus HDSP running proper due to something in the
automagical configuration process... in the end I switched from RH/CCRMA
to Gentoo on my laptop and got the card running within a day.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 11: