[PlanetCCRMA] Install for Redhat 9.0 ALSA Problem

Gary Murray garymurray@ireland.com
Thu Apr 15 12:09:00 2004

Hi all

Im Newbie to to plantetccrma and linux. I was following the instruction to install the ALSA drivers using this command as listed on the website.

apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage install planetccrma-core-redhat.

It says I cant install this file

alsa-driver-0.9.6-2.cvs.rh90.i386.rpm

I am installing from CD-ROM and my APT config and my sources.list file are fine. This command is finding the files okay. This file is also present
alsa-driver-0.9.6-2.cvs.rh90.i386.rpm  on my CD-ROM so I cant see why its not working.

I download the planetcore for Redhat 9.0 which is .IMG. I exctracted the contents of the .IMG (i.e. the apt and mirror folders) and burnt them to a CD. Should I have burnt the CD with the .IMG file only.

Same is true the Planet CCRMA 20040306 which is an ISO image. Should I extract the contents of the ISO image and burn them or burt it an ISO image.

regards

Gary