[PlanetCCRMA] Installing src.rpms instead

Benjamin Hardy theroboticmadhatter3000@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 11:02:01 2004

Has the topic of installing src.rpms with synaptic or apt-get been discussed
already? I've been searching on this topic lately and end up finding old,
conflicting, or just incomprehensible pages on the web.
Is installing packages like Zynaddsubfx or alsamodularsynth via src.rpm more
beneficial than a pre-compiled binary? Can I do this in synaptic or am I
stuck with the command line apt-get source <package name>? Are there any
good resources on editing spec files and optimizing for specific cpus?
If this has been covered, my apologies.

Benjamin

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*